Anya Krivtsun has worked in business immigration for more than 10 years. At Fragomen, she assists clients with individual and complex immigration matters, and manages a number of corporate accounts.
Anya focuses her practice on advising international treaty organizations and their staff members on various issues involving G-4/G-5 work visas, U.S. work permits and U.S. residency matters.
She also provides counsel to leading academic institutions and research organizations on permanent residence matters in the Extraordinary Alien and Outstanding Professor/Researcher categories and through the Special Handling PERM process.
Prior to joining Fragomen in 2011, Anya practiced business immigration law with a Chicago based law firm where she advised companies on all facets of the immigration process from initial planning for a nonimmigrant visa, through the stages of legal permanent residency and naturalization.
Anya began her legal career in immigration and human rights law, working on asylum cases under the Refugee Counselling Service project of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Minsk, Belarus.
Anya’s pro bono work includes helping Central American women and children apply for asylum, assisting low-income clients with finalizing their naturalization applications and helping asylum holders apply for permanent residence.
Anya speaks English and Russian.
- Successfully handled dozens of EB-1 immigrant petitions in the Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Professor/Researcher category
- Obtained O-1 and EB-1 Extraordinary Alien approvals for athletic coaches and business professionals
- Successfully overcame USCIS challenges on the issues of eligibility for H-1B and L-1 classification
- Filed successful appeals on PERM labor certification denials that resulted in BALCA reversal
- Successfully brought federal lawsuits on behalf of clients with long-delayed naturalization and adjustment of status applications
- University of Notre Dame Law School | Master of Law, 2006, magna cum laude
- Central European University | Master of Law, 2004
- European Humanities University | Bachelor of Law, 2002, hons.
Bar Admissions: District of Columbia, New York
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$