April Rancier is an employment attorney and litigator who provides comprehensive and practical guidance for employers with respect to a wide array of employment issues. Such issues include, but are not limited to, employee policies and procedures, employee disciplinary issues, employee complaints and related investigations, classifying employees and exempt/non-exempt, and many other employment issues.
As an accomplished litigator, Ms. Rancier is well versed in federal and state court proceedings and has defended employers in both individual and class action wage and hour cases brought under The Fair Labor Standards Act and the comparable state laws.
Ms. Rancier also represents employers in discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims filed under Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the comparable state and local laws.
- J.D. Hofstra University School of Law, 2008
- Hofstra University School of Law Study Abroad Program
- International and Comparative Law with Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia , 2006
- B.A., Mathematics; Texas A & M University, 2004
- United States District Court of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Chair of Programming for the Maryland LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Board member of the GLCCB (The LGBT Community Center of Baltimore)
- Member of Offit Kurman’s Diversity Commitee
Rate : $$$