Arik Preis represents informal and official committees of creditors, debtors, individual creditors, rights offering backstoppers, and lenders in in-court and out-of-court restructurings. He has also represented lenders and administrative agents in connection with non-restructuring-related loans, including leveraged loan transactions, mezzanine financings and more traditional loans.Arik’s work extends to the representation of creditors in the analysis of all types of debt documents and capital structures.
Clients describe Arik as “very detail orientated and very creative” with a “very strong command of client relationships and an ability to finesse tough issues with his constituents to achieve the most beneficial outcome possible.”
- Seventeen years of experience advising on restructurings across all industries, with a particular focus on retail and energy.
- Concentrates his practice on corporate restructurings in Chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings.
- Other seminal matters include Total Safety International (ad hoc crossover group); True Religion Apparel, Inc. (secured lenders); Payless ShoeSource, Inc. (first lien lender group); Magnum Hunter (ad hoc noteholders and DIP financing lenders); Hercules Offshore (ad hoc group of noteholders); and Global Geophysical (ad hoc group of noteholders and DIP financing lenders).
- Advised an ad hoc group of group of second lien lenders, rights offering backstoppers and DIP financing lenders for SunEdison, Inc. in connection with the former renewable energy giant’s restructuring that included more than US$ 2.3 billion of gross asset sales.
- Currently advising the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors for Nine West Holdings, Inc. in the company’s Chapter 11 cases involving approximately US$ 1.6 billion in prepetition funded debt.
- Currently advising the prepetition first lien lender and the debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing lender for Mission Coal in the company’s Chapter 11 cases.
- Counsel to the winning bidders in the Section 363 auctions for both Aerosoles International, Inc. and Brookstone Holdings Corp.
- Member, UJA-Federation of New York’s Lawyers Division, Bankruptcy and Reorganization Group (Next Generation).
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2000
- B.A., Wesleyan University, with honors, 1997
- New York
Rate : $$$