Arlene K. Kline is a veteran litigator defending labor and employment matters on behalf of banking, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, media, distribution, transportation, software and non-profit sector clients. Clients value her comprehensive practice, including policy development, compliance, audits, litigation and appeals.
A significant aspect of her practice also includes counseling on compliance with the public accommodation provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (including its application to websites and mobile apps), and avoidance of such claims. In addition, she also routinely advises, trains, and counsels clients on issues involving discrimination, retaliation, and sexual harassment.
Arlene litigates in state and federal courts, with experience defending claims involving Title VII, Section 1981, ADEA, FLSA, ADA (Titles I and III), FMLA, PDA, and the Florida Civil Rights Act.
Clients also turn to her for appellate matters in state and federal courts, as they relate to employment claims. As part of a broader practice, Arlene litigates unfair competition and trade secrets, and she defends legal malpractice claims.
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, 1996, Goodwin Fellowship, Honor Court – Defender
- B.A., Florida State University, English, 1994, Florida House of Representatives, Legislative Intern
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Florida Bar, Labor & Employment Section, Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- Academy of Florida Management Attorneys (AFMA), Member, 2013-Present
- Anti-Defamation League, Palm Beach County Chapter, Glass Leadership Institute, Co-Chair, 2010-2011; Florida Regional Board, Member, 2011-Present
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, Business & Professions, Cabinet Member, 2010-2013
- Deaf Service Center and Hearing Wellness Center, Inc., Board of Directors, Secretary, 2007-2010
Rate : $$$$