Arlo Devlin-Brown represents individuals and companies in sensitive government investigations and enforcement actions, with particular expertise in securities fraud, anti-money laundering and corruption matters. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Devlin Brown served in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York as one of its leading securities fraud prosecutors and most recently as Chief of its Public Corruption Unit.
In his role as Chief, Mr. Devlin-Brown supervised more than 20 prosecutors, criminal investigators and other professionals responsible for investigating and prosecuting a wide range of domestic and foreign corruption offenses and cases involving fraud against the government.
Prior to being promoted to Chief, Mr. Devlin-Brown served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Southern District’s Securities and Commodities Fraud Unit. He investigated and prosecuted some of the most notable financial services-related cases in recent years—among them were cases involving insider trading, Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering violations, investment adviser fraud, offering fraud, and accounting fraud.
Mr. Devlin-Brown also handled a wide range of other matters during his tenure in the Southern District, including significant cybercrime, money laundering and health care fraud matters.
He spearheaded the Department of Justice’s principal enforcement action involving the internet gambling industry. During his tenure in the Southern District, Mr. Devlin-Brown tried twelve cases to verdict and briefed and/or argued fifteen appeals to the Second Circuit.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1999
- Columbia University, B.A., 1995
Government Service : U.S. Department of Justice – U.S. Attorney’s Office
Judicial Clerkship : Hon. Kermit V. Lipez, U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 2000
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- Representation of global financial institution in connection with government and internal investigations of alleged money laundering, corruption and tax evasion issues.
- Representation of global technology company in connection with sensitive internal public corruption investigation.
- Representation of senior banker at global financial institution in connection with DOJ money laundering and corruption investigation.
- Representation of bank CEO in securities fraud and Bank Secrecy Act anti-money laundering investigation.
- Representation of C-suite energy company executive in corruption and money laundering investigation.
Rate : $$$