Armin Ghiam’s practice focuses on patent litigation with an emphasis on electrical, mechanical and telecommunication arts. He has a broad background in litigation matters, including defending clients against invalidity and unenforceability claims, editing and reviewing expert reports, and drafting general pleadings and discovery motions.
In addition, Armin’s practice includes patent prosecution in the electrical, mechanical, computer science, and business method related arts. He has extensive experience preparing and prosecuting US patent applications.
While attending law school at the University of Pennsylvania, Armin participated in the civil practice clinic where he represented pro bono clients on a variety of civil matters.
- Represented Kawasaki Rail Car in an inter partes review proceeding relating to a design for a television system in subway cars. The PTAB found all challenged claims unpatentable. Kawasaki Rail Car, Inc. v. Scott Blair, IPR2017-00117 (P.T.A.B.).
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2013
- MS, Columbia University, 2010
- BS, Physics, Stony Brook University, State University of New York, summa cum laude, 2008
BAR ADMISSIONS :
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of Columbia
- US Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- US Supreme Court
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- US District Court, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$