Arnold E. Grant is a tax partner in the firm’s Chicago office. His practice focuses on advising clients on a wide range of tax matters with particular emphasis on domestic and international corporate transactions such as mergers, acquisitions and divestitures including tax-free spinoffs, restructurings, tax-free reorganizations, leveraged buyouts, financings, cross-border structuring and joint ventures.
He is nationally recognized for his work in connection with the tax aspects of renewable energy transactions, having advised members of President Obama’s administration on renewable energy incentives.
Arnold was formerly an adjunct professor of corporate tax at Chicago-Kent College of Law, and is a former chairman of the Corporate Tax Division of the Chicago Bar Association. He writes and lectures frequently on tax-related subjects.
- University of Chicago Law School, 1984, J.D.
- Washington University in St. Louis, 1980, B.A
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association, Tax Section
- Member, Chicago Bar Association, Tax Section
- Representation of financial institutions and borrowers in connection with financing transactions, including syndicated financings
- Representation of investors and developers in connection with real estate transactions, including limited partnerships, REITs, UPREITs and REMICs
- Representation of lessors, lessees, equity investors and issuers of debt in connection with equipment leasing transactions involving railcars, aircraft, ships and manufacturing facilities
- Representation of investment advisors in formation of hedge funds, including master feeder fund and parallel fund structures
- Representation of funds and investors in connection with issuance of equity flavored derivatives
Rate : $$$$