Art Dykhuis is an associate in the San Diego office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where he focuses on patent litigation. Art has technical experience in electronics, software, and mechanical cases, including direct sequence spread spectrum wireless communication, channel access in the 802.11 Wi-Fi standard, telecommunications networks (including standards such as SONET and OTN, and failure recovery), circuit design for RF switches, casino gaming devices, and thermoelectric generators.
Prior to joining the firm, Art was an associate at several large international law firms in Dallas and San Diego. Before entering the legal field, he worked as an engineer in the automotive industry, where he led teams in ongoing manufacturing and new product launches.
He also served as a sales engineer, selling to the “Big Three” auto manufacturers, and worked several months in Shanghai, acting as a company liaison to a major automotive parts manufacturer in Japan.
Art is committed to pro bono work, having successfully argued for “service connection” on behalf of a veteran before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC), which resulted in previously denied benefits being granted to the veteran.
In addition, he represented another veteran before the CAVC with respect to the timeliness of his appeal and the application of equitable tolling. Art has also provided pro bono services on smaller matters while working with local legal aid organizations.
- J.D., Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, 2011
- B.S.E., Calvin College, 2003
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$