Arthur Coren is a seasoned business attorney who advises clients on a broad array of business and banking matters. He has represented large banking institutions as well as community banks and their holding companies for more than three decades.
Mr. Coren’s experience advising financial institutions includes mergers and acquisitions, capital raising, SEC filings and regulatory reporting, corporate governance, regulatory enforcement, loan documentation and restructuring, and consumer compliance and operations.
His other business clients include startup and established businesses, real estate developers and commercial property owners, licensed professionals, restaurants and entertainment industry clients.
For these non-banking institution clients, Mr. Coren’s legal services include: real estate matters, including property acquisitions and leasing; general corporate and limited liability company work; asset acquisitions; entertainment law matters; company formations; and stock sales.
- .Represented Gateway Bank, F.S.B., headquartered in Oakland, California focused on servicing the Asian ethnic community, in its private placement offering of common stock, resulting in raising $10.5 million in capital (a significant part of the Bank’s achieving compliance with the regulatory order to which the Bank is a party and returning the Bank to positive financial performance).
- Represented Bank of Southern California in an acquisition including negotiating and documenting the merger agreement, conducting a fairness hearing before the California Dept. of Business Oversight for a stock permit, preparing the joint proxy materials and preparing the regulatory applications.
- Represented GLR Services, Inc., an affiliate of PRISA Radio, SA, PRISA Radio, the world’s largest Spanish-language radio group, in the $7.5 million sale of GLR Southern California LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary, to H&H Group USA, completing PRISA’s divestiture of Mexican radio station XEWW-AM, which broadcasts programming across the border into the U.S.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- California Bankers Association (CBA)
- Western Independent Bankers Association (WIB)
- Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA)
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$