Arthur E. Anthony has over 20 years of substantive state and federal court business litigation experience, with a keen focus on banking and financial services, construction, government investigations, and insurance disputes.
Arthur has represented commercial institutions, investment banks and mortgage servicers in complex mortgage securitization, secured transactions, commercial loan and consumer litigation, including claims arising under the Fair Housing Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and a host of other state and federal laws.
Arthur has also represented owners and contractors in state and federal court lawsuits involving construction negligence, insurance coverage, acceleration and/or delay claims, and mechanics’ and materialmans’ lien disputes.
An alumnus of Leadership Dallas – Class of 2014, Arthur has served the community as President of the J.L. Turner Legal Association, Chair of the JLTLA Foundation and on the Board of the Dallas Bar Association. Arthur is Co-Chair of the Firm’s Board of Directors and a member and former Co-Chair of the Firm’s Pro Bono Services Committee.
- Representation of national mortgage lender in a racial discrimination claim under the federal Fair Housing Act, prevailing on a Motion for Summary Judgment. The judgment was affirmed by the Fifth Circuit.
- Representation of national mortgage and mortgage servicing firms in state and federal court litigation brought by consumer plaintiffs, involving allegations of erroneous credit reporting, violations of Fair Debt Collection Act, Truth in Lending Act, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and an array of state and federal statutes, prevailing several times by way of dispositive or procedural motion practice
- Representation of regional bank in post-foreclosure dispute involving multi-million dollar loan participation agreement, including dispositive motion practice, securing a settlement for the client
- Representation of political subdivision in disputes regarding defective construction and negligent construction management associated with retaining walls along major highways, securing settlement for the client and initiating litigation in remaining disputes
- Representation of owner in a multi-million dollar claim asserted by a contractor for alleged damages caused by owner-induced delays on a highway construction project
- Representation of national pharmaceutical manufacturer in extensive state government pricing investigation involving Texas Medicaid Fraud Prevention Act, including management of significant document production over a two-year period and investigative depositions
- Representation of air filtration unit manufacturer in post-judgment collection, securing over $450,000 on behalf of the client in spite of creative avoidance by the judgment debtor
- Representation of professional employment organization in federal court litigation brought by national insurance carrier concerning worker’s compensation premiums, including dispositive motion practice and mediation
Professional History :
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Co-Chair, Locke Lord LLP Board of Directors
- Acting General Counsel, North Texas Tollway Authority (1999)
Professional Affiliations :
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Member, Construction Law Section of the Texas State Bar
- Master and Barrister, Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court (2009-2012, 2016-)
- Member, Board of Directors, Dallas Bar Association (2009)
- J.L. Turner Legal Association, President (2009)
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1997
- B.S.F.S., cum laude, Georgetown University, 1994
Admissions : Texas, 1997
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Rate : $$$