Internationally recognized for his cross-border, Latin America, and U.S. experience, Arturo H. Banegas Masiá represents financial institutions, telecommunication companies, Fortune 100 companies, and buyers and sellers in corporate, finance, and restructuring transactions.
Arturo focuses on cross-border business strategies, leveraged acquisition financings, transactional finance matters in distressed settings, out-of-court restructurings, and liability management transactions.
Prior to joining Akerman, Arturo served as senior counsel for a leading wireless technology company, where he was responsible for mobile payment, carrier billing, and mCommerce initiatives.
- LL.M., Duke University School of Law, 2000
- LL.B., Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, 1993
Bar Admissions : New York; Venezuela
- Duke Law Alumni Association Board of Directors, 2017-present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2013-present
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2013-present
- Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Attorney and Counselor at Law, 2013-present
- Duke University School of Law, International Advisory Board, Board Member, 2011-present
- International Bar Association, Member, 2008-present
- Asociación Venezolana De Derecho Tributario (Tax law Venezuelan Association), Member, 2001-present
- Ilustre Colegio De Abogados Del Distrito Capital, Abogado, 1994-present
- Universidad Monteavila, Law Professor, 2009-2010
- International Bar Association, Latin American Forum, Officer, 2008
- Tribunal Superior Septimo Contencioso Tributario, Deputy Judge, 1995-1996
Rate : $$$