Ashleigh K. Acevedo focuses her practice on helping companies achieve compliance objectives, resolve environmental liabilities, and manage and assess complex environmental projects and risks of various kinds.
Ashleigh counsels clients on an array of environmental regulatory and transactional matters, including contamination investigations, remedial actions, natural resource damages, compliance counseling, project permitting and planning, diligence, and project impacts mitigation and restoration.
She also works closely with clients on water quality, water utility, and water rights matters. Ashleigh routinely advises clients on issues arising under the Clean Water Act (CWA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and has experience with environmental issues in areas of archaeological significance under the National Historic Preservation Act and in tribal relations.
In addition to her environmental practice, Ashleigh is also a member of Pillsbury’s Crisis Management Focus Team, which counsels companies and individuals in a wide variety of matters involving the potential for substantial financial or reputational losses.
Ashleigh also has experience in state and federal government, having served as Bob Bullock Scholar for Texas State Senator Kel Seliger and as a congressional intern for U.S. Representative Mac Thornberry in Washington, D.C.
PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS :
- Co-author, “Water Reuse” in the Essentials of Texas Water Resources (2018)
- Co-author, “Water Quality” in the Thomson West Texas Practice Guide two-volume treatise on Texas Environmental Law (2015-2018)
- Co-author, “Water Barons for the Water Barren? A Survey of Interbasin Water Transfer Laws in the Western States,” Texas Water Journal (Vol. 8, No. 1, 2017)
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2015
- B.A., Environmental Science, Baylor University, 2012
ADMISSIONS : Texas
- Judicial Intern for Judge Xavier Rodriguez, U.S. District Judge for the Western District of Texas
- Judicial Intern for Judge Jeffrey Manske, U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$