Ashley Hayes defends companies against product liability claims, with an emphasis on smoking-and-health cases. As a member of Shook’s Engle-progeny team, Ashley drafts motions, helps develop case strategy and prepares witnesses for trial.
In addition to product liability cases, Ashley represents clients in business-to-business disputes such as breach of contract matters, financial recovery actions and counterclaim defense. She handles all aspects of litigation, including pre-litigation investigation, fact and expert discovery, strategy, motion practice and settlement negotiations.
Before joining Shook, Ashley’s practice focused on auto insurance defense litigation and investigation of medical providers suspected of committing insurance fraud. She also defended clients in bodily injury cases, which involved investigation of the injuries and damages suffered by plaintiffs injured in auto accidents.
She also has extensive experience in real property litigation, including prosecution of complex residential foreclosure actions and post-foreclosure title disputes with junior lienholders.
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 2011
- Phi Delta Phi
- Florida State University Business Review
- Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Society, President
- Book Award (Alternative Dispute Resolution)
- College of Law Student Ambassador
- Dean’s List
- Case Assistant in Children’s Legal Services, Florida Department of Children and Families
- B.S.B.A., University of Florida Warrington College of Business Administration, 2008
- Dean’s List
- Research Assistant to Professor Robert W. Emerson
- National Merit Scholar
- National Society for Collegiate Scholars
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Alpha Delta Pi
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member Services Committee
- University of Florida Alumni Association, Tampa Gator Club
- Junior League of Tampa
Rate : $$$