Ashley F. Heintz defends officers, directors, and corporations in high-stakes securities litigation and shareholder disputes. She has defended clients against securities fraud class actions, shareholder derivative cases, SEC investigations and inquiries, and other commercial litigation.
She has conducted numerous internal investigations relating to shareholder demands, whistleblower complaints, and corporate compliance. She also regularly counsels boards of directors and senior management in connection with shareholder and governance matters.
Ashley’s recent representations include defending Southern Company and certain of its officers and directors in securities and derivative litigation; defending Flowers Foods and certain of its officers and directors in securities litigation; defending HD Supply in class action litigation related to the sale of its Power Solutions business in Delaware and Illinois; defending former Jarden Corporation in appraisal litigation; and defending Rayonier Inc. in securities litigation. Ashley has argued before the Eleventh Circuit and Georgia courts.
Ashley is active in the Atlanta community, where she is a member of the LEAD Atlanta Class of 2018; Junior Board of the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation (sponsorship chair, PurSHOEing Justice chair); Make-A-Wish Georgia Atlanta Young Professionals Board (events chair); and The Lamar American Inn of Court (barrister).
She is a former member of the board of directors of Reading Is Essential For All People (2015-2017); The Columbus American Inn of Court (associate, 2011-2013); and The Joseph Henry Lumpkin American Inn of Court (pupil, 2010-2011).
- The University of Georgia (J.D. magna cum laude 2011; Order of the Coif; Notes Editor, Georgia Law Review; National First Amendment 2011 Moot Court Competition; Phillip C. Jessup International Law 2010 Moot Court Competition, Southeastern Region Champions, Southeastern Region 6th Place Oralist);
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A. with honors 2007; Public Service Scholar)
- Georgia, Pennsylvania,
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and
- U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Clay D. Land,
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia (2011-2013);
- Extern to the Honorable William M. Ray II,
- Superior Court of Gwinnett County, Georgia (Fall 2010)
- HD Supply defeats appeal of Delaware lawsuit related to the sale of its Power Solutions business unit
- Newell Brands enters into settlement agreement with Starboard Value that ended Newell’s ongoing proxy contest with Starboard
- HD Supply defeats petition for leave to appeal lawsuit related to sale of its Power Solutions business unit
- Rayonier resolves lawsuit involving claimed misrepresentations regarding sustainability
- Special Litigation Committee of the Board of Directors of CoreCivic defends series of shareholder derivative actions
- The Southern Company defends putative securities class action alleging violations of Section 10(b)
- Jones Day attorneys win jurisdictional maximum damages at trial for pro bono clients who endured series of devastating floods
- Jones Day secures guardianship for unaccompanied minor from Guatemala.
Rate : $$$