Ms. Ashley T. Hirano is a senior associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego office. Ms. Hirano provides strategic advice and counsel to employers and human resources professionals in a wide range of employment matters, including wage and hour, discipline and termination, reductions-in-force and disparate impact analyses, executive compensation, and workplace policies, handbooks and guidelines.
She regularly conducts compliance audits relating to state and federal wage and hour law, pay practices and employment procedures, and provides compliance counseling for her clients. Ms. Hirano has extensive experience representing clients in large-scale wage and hour class actions, as well as single and multi-plaintiff lawsuits involving claims of employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
She has successfully defended employers in both state and federal courts, as well as arbitrations and administrative hearings. Ms. Hirano has also conducted extensive employee and management training, including anti-harassment and wage-hour compliance training. Additionally, she assists clients in prevailing wage and OSHA matters, as well as traditional labor defense.
- J.D., University of San Diego, 2009, Order of the Coif; cum laude; Associate Editor of San Diego Law Review; Dean’s scholarship recipient; Semi-Finalist – McLennon Senior Honors Moot Court Competition; CALI Award for Excellence – Constitutional Law
- B.A., Claremont McKenna College, 2006, cum laude, with honors, Dean’s list
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court – Central District of California
- United States District Court – Southern District of California
- United States District Court – Northern District of California
- United States District Court – Eastern District of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
Rate : $$$