Ashley Kahn is a trial lawyer in the Litigation section of the firm’s Houston office. Her practice includes complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on oil and gas litigation, construction litigation and business disputes.
She has advised and represented clients in all stages of litigation, including pre-suit matters, discovery (depositions and written discovery), motion practice and trial. Her representative experience encompasses a broad range of industries, including the energy, oil and gas, construction, investment and manufacturing industries.
Ashley has represented clients in state and federal court, as well as in alternative dispute resolution settings. She has tried numerous jury trials to verdict as a participant in the City of Houston’s Volunteer Prosecutor Program.
- Trial and appellate counsel for an exploration and production company in a dispute arising from alleged breaches of an area of mutual interest agreement and a joint operating agreement covering acreage in the Delaware Basin.
- Trial counsel for an international oil and gas company in a dispute over an alleged farmout brokerage agreement.
- Trial counsel for a publicly-traded construction company in a whistleblower suit involving alleged violations of Sarbanes Oxley and Dodd-Frank brought by former executives.
- Trial counsel for a midstream company in two arbitrations involving claims that the contractor breached the parties’ contract by failing to construct gas storage and processing facilities in accordance with the parties’ agreement.
- Trial counsel for an oil and gas operator in a surface use dispute relating to alleged trespass, conversion and excessive use claims, as well as breach of contract claims regarding the oil and gas operator’s rights of access and groundwater usage.
- Trial counsel for a helicopter designer, manufacturer, and seller in a wrongful death/ products liability suit arising from a helicopter crash in College Station, Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment disposing of a wrongful death/products liability suit arising from a helicopter crash in College Station, Texas.
- Lead trial counsel for energy company facing claims of fraud, quantum meruit, breach of contract and suit on a sworn account. Plaintiff nonsuited all claims against energy company on eve of trial.
- Lead trial counsel for bank facing claims of DTPA violations, breach of contract, negligence and fraud. Negotiated nonsuit of all Plaintiffs’ claims against bank.
- JD, University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, Order of the Barons, Head Articles Editor, Houston Journal of International Law, 2013
- BS, Journalism, Northwestern University, 2010
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Association of Women Attorneys Foundation
Rate : $$$