Ashley S. Knowland is an Associate in Fragomen’s Chicago office where she focuses her practice on assisting clients in the technology, telecommunications, consulting and healthcare industries.
She has extensive experience representing corporations of all sizes in obtaining H-1B, L-1, E-3, TN and O-1 work authorizations. She also represents clients in their EB-1 and PERM-based immigrant petitions.
Prior to joining Fragomen, Ashley worked at a midsized employment-based immigration law firm in Chicago.
Ashley’s pro bono work includes volunteering with Chicago Volunteer Legal Servicesand serving as the New Member Chair on the Young Professionals Board of Illinois Legal Aid Online.
- Represented clients in H-1B, H-1B1, E-3, L-1, TN, B-1, B-2, H-3 and O-1 nonimmigrant visa petitions along with all dependent visas and responses to Requests for Evidence.
- Assisted corporate clients with immigration strategies and compliance, including I-9 and Public Access File audits.
- Represented employees in their consular processing petitions and visa stamping applications.
- Represented clients in EB-1 immigrant visa petitions and PERM-based immigrant visa petitions.
- Represented employees and their families in adjusting status to permanent residence (I-485).
- Western Michigan Thomas M. Cooley Law School | J.D., 2013, magna cum laude
- Wilfrid Laurier University | M.A., 2008
- Wilfrid Laurier University | B.A., 2007, honors
Bar Admissions: Illinois
Court Admissions: Northern District of Illinois
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- New Member Chair, Illinois Legal Aid Online
Rate : $$$$