Ashley Meredith Strittmatter advises and represents clients before state and federal administrative agencies and boards in both compliance efforts and enforcement defense related to various environmental, safety and health laws, including OSHA, hazardous waste, Superfund, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act and USTs.
As a litigator, Ms. Strittmatter handles environmental, safety and health compliance litigation, Clean Water Act and Superfund litigation, toxic tort and asbestos litigation.
Ms. Strittmatter also handles real estate transactions and related matters, representing owners, developers and tenants of office buildings, shopping centers, and manufacturing facilities in all aspects of acquisition, construction, financing, sale and leasing of such properties, including environmental due diligence and securing brownfield agreements.
Ms. Strittmatter has significant experience in the areas of products liability litigation and complex commercial and class action litigation as well, serving as trial counsel in several jury and bench trials in both state and federal courts.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 2000, summa cum laude
- Auburn University, B.S., 1996, summa cum laude
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholar to Australia, 1996 – 1997
- Tennessee, 2000
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, 2001
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Knoxville Bar Association; Tennessee Bar Association (East TN Delegate for the Environmental Section); American Bar Association (Real Estate; Litigation and Environmental Sections)
- University of Tennessee College of Law Adjunct Professor – Trial Practice; Pre Trial Litigation (2004 – present)
- Charter Member – Young Professionals Knoxville
- Research Editor – Tennessee Law Review
- Member – Order of the Coif
Rate : $$$