Ashley Peck represents clients in complex environmental litigation and regulatory compliance matters, with an emphasis on water quality and contaminated sites. She has significant experience defending Clean Water Act citizen suits, helping clients navigate complex water discharge and wetland permitting processes, and defending civil and criminal enforcement actions brought under the Clean Water Act.
Ashley’s water quality experience includes advising industrial and municipal clients on National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) and Section 404 wetland permitting matters. She has also represented dischargers in complex Section 401 water quality certifications and development of total maximum daily loads (TMDLs).
Ashley litigates environmental disputes concerning claims under the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act and other environmental statutes.
Ashley has substantial experience resolving environmental citizen suits, appealing or defending agency decisions before administrative tribunals, and in complex federal court litigation concerning common law claims.
Prior to practicing in Utah and joining Holland & Hart, Ashley was an associate at K&L Gates LLP in Seattle, Washington. She is admitted to practice in Utah, Utah Federal District Courts, Washington, and Washington Federal District Courts.
- Environmental Compliance Law. Clients look to Ashley for assistance meeting the ever-changing regulatory standards:
- Obtaining or amending NPDES and groundwater discharge permits
- Obtaining Section 404 wetland permits and implementing mitigation
- Negotiating cost allocation agreements for cleanup of contaminated sites
- Environmental Litigation. Ashley litigates federal court cases concerning claims under regulations affecting a variety of industries:
- Defending statutory citizen suits
- Appealing permits and other administrative decisions
- Defending criminal and civil enforcement actions
- University of Washington, J.D., 2007
- Colorado State University, B.A., 2002
Bar Admissions : Utah
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Women Lawyers of Utah, Board Member
- ABA, Superfund and Natural Resource Damages Litigation Committee, Vice Chair, 2011-2014
- ABA, Environment, Energy, and Resources Section, Member
- Utah State Bar, Energy, Natural Resources, and Environmental Law Sections, Member
- Association of Clean Water Administrators, Legal Member
Rate : $$$$