Ashley H. Story is the founding partner of the Raleigh office of Troutman Sanders and served as the Office Managing Partner from 2003-2012. His practice focuses on the development, construction, permitting, acquisition, financing and joint venture investment in retail, industrial multifamily and office property.
Ashley serves as the Department Chair for Real Estate and Finance for the firm. The group includes over 120 attorneys in New York, Richmond, Virginia Beach, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, San Diego, Orange County, Charlotte and Raleigh. Ashley is also a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and Partner Compensation Committee.
Representative Matters :
- Represented purchaser in acquisition and development of multiple shopping centers in Southeast totaling $250,000,000.
- Secured special and conditional use permits for large scale real estate projects in more than forty counties and municipalities.
- Represented venture fund in acquisition of distressed promissory notes collateralized by commercial properties in Southeastern United States.
- Represented mezzanine lender in mixed use investment and loan facility propelled by historical tax credits.
- Represented developer in joint venture with university which included retail and student housing.
- Represented multiple large real estate developers in successful non-judicial workout and restructuring of loan facilities collectively totaling $900,000,000.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Wake County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Real Estate Committee
- Certified Specialist in Business Bankruptcy by North Carolina State Bar
- Campbell Law School Board of Visitors
- Duke University Parents Council
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LL.M., 2000
- Emory University School of Law, LL.M., with honors, 1985, Taxation
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 1978
BAR ADMISSIONS : North Carolina, New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Claims Court
Rate : $$$