Ashley Thomas is an associate in the Firm’s Health Law Group. Ashley focuses her practice in health care with a concentration on hospital and health system matters, regulatory, antitrust and compliance issues, corporate transactions and hospital/physician alignment. She provides services to an array of health care providers, including hospitals, health systems and physician practices.
She has provided counsel on HIPAA compliance investigations and data breaches; advised health care providers on Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse issues, “Stark” self-referral laws and the Anti-Kickback Statute; offered guidance to clients on regulatory compliance, reimbursement, coverage and policy issues related to the use of telehealth, mobile health and related information technology platforms; and counseled clients in government antitrust investigations.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2014
- Vanderbilt University, M. Ed. in Organizational Management and Human Resources Development, 2011
- Northwestern University, B.A. in Political Science, 2009
- District of Columbia
Representative Matters :
- Represent hospitals, physicians and business associates in responding to data breaches and Office for Civil Rights HIPAA investigations.
- Represent public health systems, critical access hospitals and accountable care organizations on licensure, reimbursement, regulatory compliance and operational matters.
- Advise outpatient substance abuse treatment clinics in regulatory compliance and operational matters.
- Advise clients on federal antitrust issues including preparation of Hart-Scott-Rodino filings.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$