Ashley Thompson represents individuals and businesses of all sizes in business litigation, creditors’ rights matters, and bankruptcy proceedings. Based in the Firm’s Atlanta office, Ms. Thompson has extensive trial experience in state and federal courts, bankruptcy cases, adversary proceedings, probate court, arbitrations, and mediations.
She focuses much of her practice on resolving business to business contract disputes, handling loan restructurings and workouts, assisting with real estate and related financing matters, and overseeing matters related to foreclosures, receiverships, post-judgment collection activities, and bankruptcy and insolvency.
Ms. Thompson also advocates on behalf of telecommunications companies in infrastructure and services contract disputes, and also represents individuals and executors in probate court litigation involving contested wills and disputed/misappropriated assets.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2005
- Washington & Lee University, B.A., 1999, summa cum laude
- Georgia, 2006
- Northern District of Georgia, 2006
- Middle District of Georgia, 2009
- Southern District of Georgia, 2012
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2015
- Secured multiple judgments for a bank lender against commercial borrowers and guarantors and pursued post-judgment collection action to recover monies for client.
- Assisted a bank client with several commercial property foreclosures and subsequent REO sales.
- Recovered diverted funds from guarantors and account debtors under receivables financing agreement for asset-based lender.
- Won summary judgment in favor of an asset-based lender client against a third-party account debtor, resulting in full recovery.
- Obtained dismissal of third-party claims against twelve individuals associated with a small-business client, including full award of attorney’s fees.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Named to Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite in the area of Bankruptcy/Creditors’ Rights (2013)
- Member – American Bar Association (Litigation section)
- Member – International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Clerked for the Honorable Orinda D. Evans, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia (2005 – 2006)
Rate : $$$