Ashley Wheelock is a health care and corporate associate attorney concentrating her practice on transactional and regulatory matters. Ashley is adept in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, reorganizations, formations of new professional entities and employment contract negotiations in the health care sector.
Her practice also includes assisting health care providers and organizations with dealings involving telemedicine and telehealth, licensing, accreditation, credentialing, reimbursement, privacy, data breaches and federal and state agency investigations.
Ashley offers extensive experience in compliance with health care laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) guidelines, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law and Federal Drug Administration (FDA) rules and regulations.
Bearing in mind clients’ individualized and unique needs, Ashley prepares and reviews potential investment arrangements, necessary policies, business associate agreements and other downstream contracts to ensure clients’ adherence with applicable laws and standards.
Professional Affiliations :
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association Health Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas Health Law Section, Member
- J.D., magna cum laude, Tulane University Law School, 2013
- The Robert B. Acomb Award for Most Outstanding Student Comment
- B.A., Psychology & American Studies, The College of William & Mary, 2009
- Louisiana, 2013
- Texas, 2016
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
Rate : $$$