Ashley E. Whittington’s principle areas of practice are corporate finance and securities law, including general corporate representation and mergers and acquisitions, primarily in the energy industry. She regularly assists clients in U.S. capital markets transactions, and advises clients regarding periodic SEC reporting, corporate governance and compliance matters.
Ashley has worked with E&P companies, midstream companies and oilfield services companies. Her business and finance background, combined with an in-depth understanding of the tax implications related to a variety of transactions, enable her to structure transactions in a tax-efficient manner.
- Drafted hundreds of non-disclosure agreements, joinders, non-reliance letters and other acquisition documents, both on the buy and sell sides of the transaction.
- Advised clients regarding formation and drafted corporate documents such as charters, bylaws and articles.
- Drafted and participated in negotiating asset purchases, stock purchases and real estate transactions, including the purchase of the New York City marina.
- Researched tax issues such as statute of limitations on unassessed taxes and drafted memoranda for clients and opposing counsel.
- Negotiated and drafted distributor agreements and purchase agreements for a publicly traded provider of oilfield tubular make-up and handling solutions, as well as demand letters.
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- LL.M., Tax Law, University of Houston Law Center, 2018
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2016; Houston Business Tax Law Journal, Managing Editor; Corporate and Taxation Law Society, Member; Association of Women
- B.B.A., Finance, The University of Texas at Austin, 2013
Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$