Ashton M. Bligh focuses her practice in the area of public finance, with a particular emphasis on taxable and tax-exempt financings including serving as disclosure counsel, bond counsel, underwriters’ counsel, trustee’s counsel, purchasers’ counsel, lender’s counsel and borrower’s counsel in connection with publicly and privately offered financings in a wide array of sectors, including general government, higher education, community development districts, and tax allocation districts.
Prior to her practice at GT, Ashton gained public finance experience assisting: public school systems, cities, counties and water and sewer systems in Georgia; higher education systems throughout the US; and health care systems and affordable housing developments in completing projects related to new construction, equipment acquisition and refinancing.
- J.D., Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, Advanced Legal Writing, Research and Drafting, 2012
- B.S., magna cum laude, Florida State University, 2009
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Women in Public Finance
- Member, Women’s Affordable Housing Network
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
Rate : $$$