Ms. Athena R. Costis grew up in the Fresno area of the California central valley. She then attended and graduated from UC Davis with high honors, earning a BA in Economics and English Literature. Ms. Costis then received her Juris Doctorate from the UC Davis School of Law. She is a Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation.
For over 26 years Ms. Costis has been representing injured workers. Her compassion and tireless advocacy on behalf her clients are hallmarks of her law practice. She works diligently to ensure that her clients receive what they are rightfully entitled to through the workers compensation system.
Ms. Costis is a member of the California State Bar and of the Contra Costa County Bar Association. She is also an active member of the California Applicants’ Attorneys Association. Ms. Costis is active in her community as well, volunteering at various schools and youth sports organizations.
- California, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1990
- California State Courts and Courts of Appeal, 1990
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1989
- University of California, Davis, California, B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1986
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of California, Member, 2017 – Present
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Member
- California Applicants’ Attorneys Association, Member
- Amnesty International
Rate : $$$