Audra L. Herrera is an Associate in the Public Law section of the firm’s Houston office. Audra’s practice focuses on public finance, primarily assisting with tax-exempt financings for school districts, junior college districts, cities, counties, special districts, and non-profit corporations.
In connection with these transactions, she has served as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, and disclosure counsel. Audra also advises governmental clients on general public law matters, including elections, open government, and economic development.
Before joining Public Law, Audra assisted publicly traded clients and underwriters in capital markets transactions and advised clients regarding periodic SEC reporting, corporate governance, and compliance matters.
- Represented the underwriter in connection with a public block trade by USA Compression Holdings, LLC of 5,000,000 of its common units representing limited partner interests in USA Compression Partners, LP (NYSE: USAC) with a variable price reoffering.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with an offering by CAI International, Inc. of its 8.50% Series A Fixed-to-Floating Rate Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock.
- Represented a Dow 30 company in connection with its tender offers for up to $5.0 billion aggregate purchase price of its U.S. Dollar and British Pound denominated debt securities.
- Represented B. Riley FBR as the sole sales agent in connection with Höegh LNG Partners LP’s commencement of a $120 million at-the-market offering of common units and Series A Preferred Units.
- Represented Ashford Hospitality Prime, Inc. in its commencement of an at-the-market equity program having an aggregate offering price of up to $100 million of Common Stock.
- Representation of a Dow 30 company in connection with its cash tender offer for up to $8.5 billion aggregate purchase price of its debt securities.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with Genesis Energy, L.P.’s issuance of $450 million aggregate principal amount of its 6.250% Senior Notes due 2026 and the dealer manager in the concurrent cash tender offer by Genesis for its outstanding $350 million aggregate principal amount of 5.750% Senior Notes due 2021.
- Represented Ashford Hospitality Trust in its public offering of 5,400,000 shares of its 7.50% Series I Cumulative Preferred Stock.
- JD, Harvard Law School, Senior Editor, Harvard National Security Journal, 2017
- BA, Rice University, Editor in Chief, Rice Cultivator: A Journal of Public Policy Research, 2012
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Texas Women in Public Finance
- Mentorship Co-Chair, Harvard Law Association, Recent Graduates Network, Board of Directors
- Associate, Rice University, McMurtry College
- President, Harvard National Security & Law Association (2015-2016)
- Co-Chair, Alumnae Committee, Harvard Women’s Law Association (2015-2016)
Rate : $$$