Audrey L. Harris rejoined Mayer Brown in Washington DC as a partner and co-chair of its Global Anti-Corruption & FCPA practice after serving as the chief compliance officer (CCO) for global resources company BHP.
Based in Melbourne, Australia, she led a global ethics & compliance function providing expertise in anti-corruption, trade sanctions, export controls, competition, ethics & investigations, state & commercial secrets, and market conduct compliance, with a team of professionals and attorneys across four continents.
Audrey served as the company’s first chief compliance officer. Her team was accountable for safeguarding integrity by preventing, mitigating, and investigating compliance risks and setting ethical standards. Her role also involved work with NGOs, international governing bodies and enforcement agencies as part of the promotion of global anti-corruption, transparency and integrity.
A veteran Foreign Corruption Practices Act (FCPA) and white collar practitioner, prior to becoming a CCO, Audrey was a partner at Mayer Brown with more than a decade of experience handling multi-year, multinational investigations, with a comprehensive investigations, counseling and defense capability.
Audrey regularly appears before enforcement authorities and has extensive experience in designing, executing and presenting internal investigations before multinational corporations, the US Department of Justice (DOJ), Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Department of Defense, and Multilateral Development Banks (MBDs).
Her experience runs the gamut of white collar representations including false claims act, healthcare fraud, management of earnings, money laundering defense, and even anti-terrorism matters. Before joining Mayer Brown, Audrey was a partner at another leading global law firm.
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD, magna cum laude
- Miami University, MA, Political Science (International Relations)
- University of Central Florida, BA, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Mayer Brown
- Successful representations and resolutions for a variety of multinational corporations including:
- A global fuel specialties and additive manufacturer, in a matter involving DOJ and U.K. Serious Fraud Office (SFO);
- A worldwide designer and manufacturer of medical devices — successfully resolving an industry-wide FCPA investigation; and
- A top global management consulting, and technology services provider in a FCPA internal investigation and DOJ/SEC voluntary disclosures — which were resolved without enforcement action.
- Representing a leading integrated resort company in a DOJ/SEC FCPA investigation concerning activities in China.
- Led FCPA due diligence for a $900M+ divestiture and executed an expedited multinational review resulting in a successful on-time closing.
- Counseled and designed internal investigation for international defense contractor in response to government subpoena and inquiry.
- Advised medical device manufacturer in successful defense against adulteration, misbranding and misstatements allegations.
- Advised and designed internal investigation for medical device manufacturer regarding payments, business relationships, and entertainment of medical professionals.
- Represented CFO of major U.S. corporation in SEC investigation and enforcement action, bringing matter to successful resolution.
Rate : $$$$