Austin K. Purvis is an associate in the Firm’s Nashville office and represents clients in consumer banking and financial disputes, commercial torts, and general business and commercial litigation.
Mr. Purvis has represented clients in a wide variety of business and commercial litigation disputes, including claims asserting violations of the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). He has also represented clients in class action litigation in both state and federal courts.
In addition to his commercial litigation practice, Mr. Purvis also represents estates and beneficiaries in will contests and other probate court matters. He routinely defends clients against common law claims, such as breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, negligence, tortious interference, inducement of breach of contract, civil conspiracy and fraud.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- Middle Tennessee State University, B.S. Political Science, 2010, magna cum laude
- Tennessee, 2013
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, 2014
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, 2016
- Won dismissal in federal court for a global medical device company based on preemption of plaintiffs’ tort claims.
- Obtained dismissal for a financial institution in a case involving a probate estate’s claims for improper distribution of probate and estate funds.
- Obtained dismissal for a national grocery chain in a consumer fraud class action based on the mislabeling of organic food products.
- Represented a national funeral home corporation in a state court class action based on the mishandling of corpses by a local cemetery.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member − Tennessee Bar Association
- Member − Memphis Bar Association
- Member − Nashville Bar Association
- Named an Attorney for Justice by the Tennessee Supreme Court (2018)
Rate : $$$