Austin Shaver, shareholder in the Nashville office, is a member of the Business Litigation Group and the Consumer Finance Litigation and Compliance Group. Mr. Shaver’s practice includes mortgage servicing litigation, where he focuses on representation of financial institutions in a wide variety of cases, including lender liability claims, wrongful foreclosures, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) claims, Truth in Lending Act (TILA) claims, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) actions, and claims of unfair and deceptive trade practices and breach of fiduciary duty.
Mr. Shaver also has significant experience in home inspection professional liability litigation, ERISA and non-ERISA life, health and disability litigation, and general commercial litigation. He serves as outside general counsel for the Tennessee Valley Industrial Committee, which represents the Tennessee Valley Authority’s largest, direct-served industrial customers.
TVIC’s member companies provide thousands of jobs throughout the Tennessee Valley and collectively purchase more than $1 billion in electricity from TVA each year. In addition to his legal work, Mr. Shaver is a former county commissioner, where he represented the second district on the Loudon County Commission for two terms and served on the purchasing committee and budget committee.
He was instrumental in developing fiscally responsible budget proposals for the construction of three new schools in Loudon County. He and his wife, Brittany, are members of Long Hollow Baptist Church in Hendersonville where they serve as life group leaders, discipleship group leaders, and he serves as a deacon.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 2007, magna cum laude
- University of Tennessee, B.S.Ed., 2004, summa cum laude
- Tennessee, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, 2014
- Kentucky, 2015
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American, Tennessee and Nashville Bar Associations
- County Commissioner – Loudon County Commission (2008 – 2012)
Rate : $$$$