Ava L. Blake focuses her developing practice on patent prosecution, primarily in the chemical area. Having experience with clients in highly technical fields and an extensive educational background in organic chemistry, Ava has a deep understanding of the technology with which her clients work.
She also has experience working with international clients in a shifting global marketplace that constantly presents new challenges and opportunities; she is acutely aware of industry developments and trends, allowing her to provide the best possible client service based on client-specific needs.
Leveraging her client service experience, extensive educational background and firm synergies, Ava maximizes value for clients through superior representation in the intellectual property field.
- Assist in obtaining patents and developing the patent portfolio in the U.S. and internationally for one of the world’s largest plastics and chemical manufacturers.
- Drafting patent applications and advancing patent prosecution for clients in fields related to sporting equipment, hand-held devices, household appliances, materials manufacture and medical devices, as well as fields featuring polymers and other innovative materials for electronic devices, vehicle and aviation fixtures, components and interiors, lighting appliances and displays, and consumer and industrial packaging.
- Assisted team representing machinery and engine manufacturer, marketer, and designer in cases on fuel-related aspects of vehicle engines.
- Georgia Bar Association: Intellectual Property Section
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Intellectual Property Section Chair (2017)
- American Chemical Society, Southeast Region
- National Organization of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 2013
- M.S., Chemistry, Georgia State University, 2010
- B.S., Chemistry, Georgia State University, 2008, magna cum laude
Admissions : U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 72,773
Rate : $$$$