Ayman Rizkalla focuses his practice on white collar defense and government investigations related to healthcare fraud and financial crimes. Clients turn to him for strategic counsel on regulatory and compliance matters involving anti-corruption, False Claims Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), export control, and privacy.
His clients include hospitals and corporate entities under investigation for Medicare fraud stemming from qui tam cases, and complex commercial disputes involving securities fraud and government investigations.
Prior to joining Akerman, Ayman worked for the Department of Homeland Security as well as an international law firm, where he focused on international financial investigations throughout the Middle East, North Africa, and Europe.
He also brings substantial in-house experience, having previously worked for the University of Miami, where he advised on domestic and international asset sales and acquisitions, healthcare investigations, and regulatory compliance. He is fluent in Arabic and French.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center, Securities and Financial Regulation, 2002, with honors
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 2000, cum laude
- B.S., University of Maryland at College Park, 1996, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Maryland; Florida
Professional Experience :
- Associate Legal Advisor, U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 2003-2007
- Assistant Counsel, U.S. Customs Service, U.S. Department of the Treasury, 2002-2003
Rate : $$$$