Baker Coon is an associate in the Firm’s Private Equity and Venture Capital practice group. He has participated on deal teams and advised clients on a range of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, joint ventures and other strategic relationships.
Baker has additional experience navigating corporate governance matters, employment and incentive equity arrangements, and intellectual property protection.
Representative Experience :
- Starwood Energy Group Global, Inc., a leader in private energy infrastructure investments based in Connecticut, as special local counsel in its acquisition of the Manchester Street Power Station from Dominion Generation, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dominion Energy, Inc. (NYSE: D), as part of a larger purchase of two of Dominion’s combined-cycle gas turbine plants for approximately $1.23 billion
- Juvenescence Limited, a leading drug development company, focused on the development of therapies to increase human longevity
- In its purchase of 14.4 million shares of AgeX Therapeutics, Inc. for $43.2 million, from its affiliate, BioTime, Inc. (NYSE American: BTX). AgeX is focused on developing novel therapeutics for age-related degenerative disease
- In a $10 million equity financing of its latest joint venture project, FoxBio Inc. Juvenescence’s partner in the joint venture, Antoxerene Inc. (a portfolio company of Ichor Therapeutics, Inc.), is a small molecule developer, focused on targeting aging cells
- Nautic Partners and its portfolio company Healthcare Payment Specialists (HPS), a leader in helping healthcare providers optimize Medicare reimbursement, in the sale of HPS to TransUnion Healthcare Holdings, Inc., a subsidiary of TransUnion (NYSE: TRU)
- Vendome Medquest, LLC, a subsidiary of Vendome Group, LLC, in its sale of ENT Journal to Sage Publications, Inc.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Washington, D.C. Bar Association – Corporation, Finance and Securities Law Section
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association – Business Organizations Committee Member
- J.D., William & Mary School of Law, 2013
- B.A., magna cum laude, Middlebury College, 2010
- Rhode Island
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$