Ms. Barbara J. Buba is a founding member of the firm and a senior trial attorney. She has tried numerous asbestos cases in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Ohio. She also handles settlement for numerous asbestos clients and has successfully negotiated reduced settlements.
From 1989 through 1993, Ms. Buba worked as the in-house managing attorney for the Law Offices of Edward J. Wilbraham. Prior to that, from 1982-1989, Ms. Buba served as an assistant district attorney and handled complicated fraud, arson for profit, and homicide cases.
In addition to managing the regional toxic tort litigation for many Fortune 500 Companies, Ms. Buba concentrates her practice in the defense of toxic torts, products liability, and general insurance defense, including insurance fraud.
Ms. Buba has also assisted corporations and insurance companies in auditing legal fees and expenses. She has lectured extensively on insurance fraud, asbestos medicine and legal auditing. Ms. Buba is licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and West Virginia.
- Pennsylvania, 1982
- New Jersey, 1992
- New York, 1999
- West Virginia, 2002
- Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1983
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 2002
- U.S. Tax Court, 2004
- The Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, J.D. – 1982
- University of North Carolina, B.S. – 1979
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Defense Research Institute, Member, 1989 – Present
Rate : $$$