Barbara H. Glogiewicz is a member of the firm’s litigation and health law practice groups. Ms. Glogiewicz, a graduate of the University of Colorado School of Nursing and the University of Colorado School of Law, has spent her career representing doctors, hospitals, dentists, and long-term care facilities in the defense of malpractice claims.
Ms. Glogiewicz often works in complex and emotionally charged cases involving significant injuries including birth injury cases, spinal cord injury resulting in paraplegia or quadriplegia, and wrongful death claims. She has tried dozens of medical malpractice cases to verdict in her practice of over 30 years.
In addition to her work with healthcare professionals, Ms. Glogiewicz is a frequent author and lecturer and often speaks to healthcare providers on a variety of subjects surrounding health care law, particularly related to documentation issues. She also provides risk management advice to health care organizations and has represented hospitals in peer review and credentialing matters.
She is a member of the Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, the Catholic Lawyers Guild, and an invited member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. She worked as a registered nurse at Rose Medical Center in Denver from 1982 until 1985.
Ms. Glogiewicz started her legal career with a judicial clerkship with The Honorable Thomas Ensor in the 17th Judicial District from 1986 to 1987. She was employed at Cooper and Kelly, PC (through various name changes) from 1987 to 2014. From March of 2014 until March of 2018, Ms. Glogiewicz was a director at Fennemore Craig PC.
- University of Colorado Law School, J.D.
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, B.S in Nursing
Admittances & Licenses :
- U.S District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Associations & Memberships :
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Catholic Lawyers Guild, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Invited Member
- Colorado Supreme Court Nominating Commission, Former Member
Rate : $$$$