Barbara M. Goodstein is a partner in the Global Finance practice of Mayer Brown’s New York office. Barbara’s experience consists of commercial and structured financing as well as restructuring of transactions for a wide range of asset types, including auto, trade, health care, timeshare and lease receivables, sports franchises, intellectual property, transportation equipment, technology, medical, communications, office and construction equipment, and marine and inter-modal containers.
She also has extensive debt workout and restructuring experience primarily representing senior creditors and syndicate groups, bondholders, and secured creditors both in and out of bankruptcy; foreclosures, DIP and exit financing; contested and consensual bankruptcy matters; and other financial and legal restructurings.
Barbara is recognized in Chambers USA, Chambers Global, Legal 500and Super Lawyers as a leading lawyer. Chambers USA notes that she “is an expert in innovative restructuring and esoteric asset classes, such as timeshare, intellectual property and medical equipment.”
Barbara is a member of the Mayer Brown Women’s Leadership Committee, Co-Chair of the New York Women’s Forum and is Co-Chair of the Attorney Training Committee – Transactional Training.
- New York University School of Law, JD
- Barnard College, Columbia University, BA, cum laude with distinction
Admissions : New York
- American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, Commercial Law Subcommittee
- Equipment Leasing and Finance Association, Air, Rail and Marine Subcommittee (formerly a member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the ELFA)
- Board of Editors, LJN Equipment Leasing Newsletter
- Board of Editors, Uniform Commercial Code Law Journal
Rate : $$$$