Barbara Niederkofler represents some of the most prominent private equity and hedge fund sponsors, as well as a broad range of other investment clients, including credit funds, hybrid funds, family offices and institutional investors.
Barbara’s practice focuses on the formation and operations of private investment funds along the liquidity spectrum, including:
- Structuring funds in multiple jurisdictions.
- Providing guidance on fundraising and solicitation issues pursuant to securities laws.
- Handling registrations and exemptive filing under securities and commodities laws with regulators, including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the National Futures Association (NFA).
- Advising on ongoing maintenance, as well as compliance.
Barbara also advises clients on seed arrangements, spinouts, joint ventures and “upper tier” arrangements. She counsels on fund restructuring transactions, recapitalizations and other liquidity solutions.Barbara has substantial experience with all aspects of investment adviser compliance and registrations.
She has extensive experience in relation to the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and has worked on a variety of transactions that have required analysis of whether international managers are required to register, including Form ADV. Barbara also regularly advises clients with respect to regulatory examinations and investigations.
- Advises on highly innovative alternative structures that require detailed knowledge of the funds industry.
- Represents fund managers in fund formation, regulatory, ongoing compliance and maintenance issues.
- Focuses on representing fund managers and investors with global presence.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2003
- B.A., Yale University, summa cum laude, 2000
- New York
- England and Wales
Rate : $$$$