Barbara Jost has over 35 years of experience dealing with legal and policy issues affecting both the natural gas and electricity industries.She also advises on gas contracting issues, including negotiation of NAESB gas purchase and supply, asset management and pipeline precedent agreements.
She represents clients throughout the energy industry in areas including gas certificates, rates, capacity release, gas quality and interchangeability, right-of-way disputes, safety, siting, and environmental, new project development (including LNG), and hydroelectric licensing.
Barbara represents electric generators, electric and gas utilities, industrials and gas producers before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and in federal court in natural gas pipeline rate and certificate proceedings and on regulatory compliance issues.
- Represents Freeport Minerals Corporation in pipeline rate and certificate proceedings before FERC and in related court appeals
- Advises Morongo Band of Mission Indians on gas issues associated with potential renewals of pipeline rights-of-way across Reservation lands
- Represented a gas utility in challenging FERC’s approval of a major expansion of LNG facilities
- Assisted electric generators and electric utilities in challenging FERC rulings on gas quality and interchangeability issues
- Assisted a gas utility in obtaining FERC authorization to acquire and operate a segment of an interstate gas pipeline
Professional & Community Activities:
- Energy Bar Association
- Section of Natural Resources, Energy, and Environmental Law, American Bar Association
- National Gas Roundtable
- Temple Sinai Gun Violence Prevention Committee
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- M.A., English Literature, University of Virginia
- B.A., State University of New York at Buffalo
- Undergraduate Studies, University of Leeds, England
Rate : $$$$