Bardia Moayedi focuses on corporate and securities law, with a primary emphasis on advising emerging growth and public companies throughout their life cycles, particularly in the life sciences, high-technology, financial technology, food and beverage, and clean-technology industries.
Bardia has significant experience representing companies and financial firms in a broad range of general corporate governance and transactional matters, including venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, debt offerings, spin-offs/divestitures, joint ventures, IPOs, follow-on offerings, and tender offers. He is a trusted advisor and partner, often serving as outside general counsel or lead counsel to his clients.
Before joining the firm, Bardia was an attorney at well-known Silicon Valley and Boston-based international law firms. During law school, he worked at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C., as part of the summer honors program. He was also an executive editor of California Business Practice.
Prior to attending law school, Bardia worked at a prominent investment bank, where he focused on hedge funds and private equity funds. As an undergraduate, he played ice and roller hockey at UCLA.
Representative Matters :
- Companies and VC firms in numerous Series A through pre-IPO preferred stock financings.
- $210 million acquisition of a pharmaceutical company by a publicly traded company.
- $200 million acquisition of a high-technology company by a publicly traded company.
- $225 million tender offer of a publicly traded company.
- $200 million tender offer of a publicly traded company.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Advisor, UC Irvine Applied Innovation Incubator
- Member, San Diego Venture Group
- Member, Business Forum International
- Member, Troutman Sanders LLP Diversity Committee
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$