Barrie Brejcha is a partner in the North America Litigation & Government Enforcement practice group. She has practiced before the US Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Justice, and represented clients in federal and state court litigation throughout the US.
She joined Baker McKenzie in 1990, following a clerkship in the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Barrie concentrates her practice on corporate compliance, internal investigations and complex business disputes. She conducts internal investigations on a broad range of issues, including compliance with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
She advises multinational corporations on anti-corruption issues and due diligence in connection with corporate transactions, including mergers, joint ventures and strategic alliances in a variety of jurisdictions.
She focuses her litigation practice on complex business disputes, antitrust and securities litigation, including defense of shareholder class actions and derivative litigation and representation of clients in parallel enforcement actions by the SEC and the DOJ.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (JD Law Journal) (1985)
- Northwestern University (BA Political Science) (1982)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit~United States (1990)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (1986)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (1985)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section – Member
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section – Member
- American Bar Association, Securities Litigation Committee – Co-Chair (2007-2010)
- Federal Trial Bar – Member
Rate : $$$