Barry J. Armstrong’s practice encompasses a broad range of complex litigation, including business disputes, shareholder actions, lender liability, white collar criminal defense, whistleblower actions and health care fraud. Barry has served as lead trial counsel in numerous cases tried in state and federal courts, as well as before the American Arbitration Association.
Barry has defended numerous retaliatory discharge cases by former employees claiming to be whistleblowers. In addition, he has represented clients in disputes related to the breach of employment agreements and the wrongful appropriation of trade secrets by former employees.
A former Judge Advocate in the US Marine Corps, Barry graduated first in his class at the Naval Justice School and reached the rank of Captain before entering private practice.
- University of Florida College of Law, 1991, JD, high honors
- University of South Florida, 1987, B.A., Finance
Admissions and qualifications:
- Court of Appeals for the State of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- US District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Representation of national home health care provider in multi-state criminal and civil investigation for potential False Claims Act violations related to Columbia Hospital Systems. Settlement reached with multiple government agencies.
- Representation of largest Georgia based home health care provider in criminal and civil investigation under False Claims Act. Settlement reached with Federal and State governments. Successful defense of company at trial in two cases brought by former employees under the anti-retaliation provision of the False Claims Act.
- Representation of large New York based drugstore company in False Claims Act investigation of prescription drug billing program. Favorable settlement reached with Federal and State Governments.
- Representation of the City of Augusta, Georgia in False Claims Act case brought by local dairy farmers. Obtained dismissal of case in the District Court which was affirmed on appeal.
- Representation of four scientists employed by Environmental Protection Agency in False Claims Act case. Obtained dismissal of case at the District Court which was affirmed on appeal.
- Representation of large Georgia manufacturer in shareholder dispute resulting in dismissal of derivative action.
Rate : $$$