Barry Burt is a former General Counsel and Senior Executive, he understands the complexities of the corporate world and is keenly aware of the importance of balancing exceptional client service and work product with the need for efficiency. Mr. Burt brings more than 30 years of legal and business experience to his clients, including as a former General Counsel and senior executive officer with both publicly-traded and private companies and as an attorney with a leading AmLaw 200 law firm.
This includes providing counsel not only on strategic matters such as mergers and acquisitions, but also with respect to his clients’ needs on day-to-day operational, management, governance, corporate compliance, security audit, risk management, dispute avoidance and growth issues.
He is extensively experienced in drafting contracts and legal documents of numerous types, and in negotiating, managing and closing diverse types of business transactions and dispute resolutions, particularly with respect to intellectual property matters and technology-focused companies, having intensive hands-on experience with both licensing and service-provider models.
Mr. Burt understands how businesses of all sizes and degrees of complexity operate, and is familiar with the legal problems that they face, providing business-oriented counsel in this regard while interacting positively with all levels of management and in-house counsel.
- University of Georgia Lumpkin School of Law, J.D.,
- University of Georgia Terry College of Business, M.B.A.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S.B.A., Phi Beta Kappa and Beta Gamma Sigma
- Powell Goldstein LLP (now known as Bryan Cave LLP)
- TSYS Loyalty, Inc. (Chief Legal, Administrative & Compliance Officer)
- Caredata.com, Inc. (General Counsel & Corporate Secretary)
BAR ADMISSION : Georgia
MEMBERSHIPS : State Bar of Georgia
Rate : $$$