Barry Hawkins practices in the areas of real estate and litigation. He is the author of numerous papers on real estate issues and has taught and lectured extensively on real estate, land use and environmental issues, including alternative dispute resolution.
Barry is a former member of the Board of Governors of the American Bar Association. Since 1983, he has been active in the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, and served three years on its national Board and as chair of its Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee. He is the Past President of the Connecticut Bar Association.
In addition, Barry is currently a member of the Executive Committee of the National Uniform Law Commission (ULC) and former Division Chair. He is former Chair of the national drafting committee for the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act (UPMIFA) and Chair of the National Enactment Committee. He lectures nationally on the subject of institutional endowment funds and UPMIFA.
After graduating from University of Virginia School of Law, Barry served as a Captain in the United States Army. He earned a Bronze Star in Vietnam (1969-1970).
- American Bar Association: Litigation; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law; former Connecticut State Delegate, House of Delegates; former Member, Board of Governors; Member, Commission on Veterans Legal Services; Member, Pension Administrative Board; Chair, Vietnam Rule of Law Initiative Advisory Board
- National Conference of Bar Presidents: Member, Executive Council
- Connecticut Bar Association: Member, Mentoring Task Force; Member, Standing Committee on Professionalism; Member, Pro Bono Committee
- Connecticut Supreme Court: Member, Pro Bono Institute Committee
- Fairfield County Bar Association: Former Member, Board of Directors
- New England Bar Association: Director (2011-present)
- Connecticut Judicial Branch: Member, Access To Justice Commission
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1968
- Bowdoin College, B.A., 1965, with honors in History
Rate : $$$