Barry F. MacEntee is a commercial litigator. He concentrates his practice in the litigation and trial of commercial cases in federal and state courts. He has tried cases involving breach of contract, trade secrets and employee dishonesty.
He also litigates cases involving tortious interference with contract, breach of fiduciary duty, accounting and legal malpractice, the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act and other commercial matters. He is also experienced in briefing and arguing appeals in the U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit.
Mr. MacEntee has tried cases in United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the Eastern District of Michigan, the Eastern District of Kentucky and the Southern District of Florida.
In 2013 and 2014, the Illinois Department of the Lottery retained Mr. MacEntee to represent the Department in certain disputes between Northstar Lottery Group, LLC and the Department.
Mr. MacEntee joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP as an associate in September 2001. He was a summer associate with the firm in 2000.
Representative Matters :
- Fidelity Nat. Title Ins. Co. of New York v. Howard Sav. Bank, 436 F.3d 836 (7th Cir. 2006) (affirming summary judgment on fraudulent transfer claim against bank).
- MacDonald v. Estate of Gayton, 469 F.3d 1079 (7th Cir. 2006) (affirming summary judgment on fraudulent transfer claim).
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2001
- B.A., with honors, John Carroll University, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$