Barry Thompson is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Los Angeles office. For 25 years he has litigated and tried significant exposure cases in the consumer product, medical device and pharmaceutical industries. Barry regularly finds himself in state and federal courtrooms for Fortune 500 companies, entrusted to try mass tort “bellwether” cases with potential “bet-the-company” impact as well as individual catastrophic injury cases and has taken many such cases to successful verdict.
A skilled trial lawyer with an easy-going way about him, Barry has deep experience in cases with complex medical and scientific issues. As such, Barry’s practice focus has been on products liability, commercial as well as litigation and risk management counseling.
- University of San Diego (JD) (1990)
- University of California at San Diego (BA) (1986)
- California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Member
- American Conference Institute – Member
- Defense Research Institute – Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Acted as national counsel and national trial counsel for defendant in a mass tort medical litigation (MDL) involving implanted hernia mesh patches.
- Acted as national counsel and national trial counsel on pharmaceutical mass tort litigation over product that allegedly caused addictive behaviors, federal court, Minneapolis, MN.
- Tried one month commercial business torts case in state court in Fresno, CA to verdict, with dismissal of two of three claims and low dollar verdict.
- Trial team member on commercial plaintiff’s jury verdict in San Francisco federal court on claims for tort, contract, and punitive damages.
Rate : $$$