Ben C. Adams has been Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Firm since October 2003. As an attorney, Mr. Adams helps his clients with estate planning and corporate law matters, with extensive experience drafting wills and trusts, working with families and closely held entities and implementing sophisticated planning techniques.
In the corporate area, Mr. Adams has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate, partnership and limited liability company formations, shareholder agreements and business contracts.
Mr. Adams’ care for his clients extends to his involvement in the Memphis community. He devotes significant time to the betterment of the city, serving as current chair of the Memphis Shelby Crime Commission and past chair of Memphis Tomorrow, an association of CEOs of Memphis’ largest enterprises who collaborate with government and civic leaders to foster economic prosperity throughout the community, as well as serving on the Chairman’s Circle of the Greater Memphis Chamber. He is also chair of the Memphis Chamber’s JOBS PAC Board.
While Mr. Adams is always proud of the Firm’s recognitions in the legal arena, it’s our nine-time national recognition as a FORTUNE 100 Best Company to Work For, as well as the numerous top company honors in each of our states, that make him particularly proud to lead Baker Donelson. Mr. Adams is honored to be a part of a firm with a recognized dedication to pro bono and community service. This “culture of caring” sets Baker Donelson apart.
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D., 1981
- University of North Carolina, B.A. in Economics, 1978
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 1981
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Recipient – CEO of the Year Award by MBQ: Inside Memphis Business (2013)
- Chair – Memphis Shelby Crime Commission (2009 – present)
- Past Chair – Memphis Tomorrow (Chair, Public Safety Committee)
- Former Member – Vanderbilt Law School Advisory Board (2009 – 2014)
- Former Trustee and General Counsel – Dixon Gallery and Gardens
- Former Trustee – Elmwood Cemetery, President (2004 – 2006)
- Managing Partner of the Firm (June 1993 – April 1998)
- Member – Memphis Estate Planning Council
- Fellow – Memphis Bar Foundation
- Member – Tennessee, Memphis and American Bar Associations
Rate : $$$$