Ben Lee Friedman is a tax associate. Mr. Friedman joined Debevoise in 2014. From 2012 to 2014 he clerked for the Hon. Juan F. Vasquez of the United States Tax Court. Mr. Friedman received an LL.M. in Taxation from New York University in 2012, where he was awarded the David H. Moses Memorial Prize for graduating first in the LL.M. class and the Harry J. Rudick Memorial Award for distinction in the graduate tax program. He received a J.D. magna cum laude in 2011 and a B.S. in economics in 2007 from the University of Florida.
- Hojeij Branded Foods in its $330 million sale to Lagardère Travel Retail.
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of an outstanding interest in NEP Group from Crestview Partners.
- AXA and AXA Equitable Holdings on the initial public offering of AXA Equitable Holdings on the New York Stock Exchange for approximately $4 billion, and AXA Equitable Holdings in its offering and sale of $3.8 billion of senior notes.
- American Airlines in first-ever JOLCO to a U.S. airline involving Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Tokyo Branch, a transaction awarded the “Jolco Finance Deal of the Year: Americas” by Global Transport Finance for its “pioneering Jolco structure”.
- Discovery Communications in its $14.6 billion acquisition of Scripps Networks Interactive.
- Global Infrastructure Partners in the formation of Global Infrastructure Partners III, a $15.8 billion infrastructure fund.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited as selling shareholders and Univar in the $315.6 million secondary offering of common stock of Univar.
- American Coastal Insurance Company and its parent, RDX Holding Corp., in its merger with United Insurance Holdings Corp.
- J.C. Flowers and Ascensus in the sale of Ascensus to Genstar Capital and Aquiline Capital Partners.
- New York University School of Law, 2012, LL.M.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2011, J.D.
- University of Florida Warrington College of Business, 2007, B.S.
- New York
Rate : $$$