Benet J. O’Reilly’s practice focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and restructuring transactions. Benet joined the firm in 1999 and became a partner in 2008.
He has significant experience across a broad array of industries, including TMT; pharmaceuticals and health care; and industrials. He also has experience in cross-border transactions and securities offerings.
Pharmaceuticals and Health Care Experience
- Kindred Healthcare in its $4.1 billion sale to a consortium led by TPG Capital, Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe and Humana, and previously in Kindred’s acquisitions of Gentiva and RehabCare and its sale of 24 non-strategic nursing centers.
- GlaxoSmithKline in its acquisitions of Human Genome Sciences, Stiefel Laboratories, Reliant Pharmaceuticals and Genelabs and its investments in Theravance.
- JUUL in connection with a $12.8 billion investment by Altria.
- ESL Investments with respect to its investment in Sears, including its pending $5.2 billion proposed acquisition of Sears.
- Viking Global Investors in its acquisition of Birchbox and equity investments in Credit Karma.
Chemicals and Industrial Experience
- International Flavors & Fragrances in its acquisitions of Frutarom, PowderPure and David Michael.
- Vale in its announced $2.5 billion sale of its fertilizer business to The Mosaic Company.
Technology, Media and Telecommunications Experience
- Google in its acquisition of Jibe Mobile.
- Agilent Technologies in its $2.2 billion acquisition of Dako A/S from EQT.
Financial Services Experience
- Viking Global Investors in its equity investments in Credit Suisse.
- Barclays PLC in the sale of its NYSE-designated market maker business to GTS Securities.
Private Equity and Other Select Experience
- Generation Asset Management in its investment in bike-share operator Motivate.
- TRAC Intermodal (a portfolio company of Fortress Investment Group) in the sale of its domestic chassis fleet to Direct ChassisLink Inc.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1999
- University of Chicago, A.B., 1995
- New York
Rate : $$$