Beniamin D. Smolij is an associate in the Houston office of Locke Lord LLP where he handles a range of corporate and securities work for public and private companies, including master limited partnerships.
Ben focuses his practice on merger, acquisition, and disposition transactions, securities regulation matters and securities offerings, as well as general corporate governance matters.
He also represents money services businesses, including licensed money transmitters, on various regulatory issues including state enforcement actions and penalties, guidance in general AML/BSA compliance, as well as navigating state level licensing and compliance requirements including in the context of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Assisted in the representation of an energy company in two different securities offerings valued over $1 billion each
- Assisted in the representation a public traded utility in its $75 million private placement of senior notes
- Assisted in the representation of a master limited partnership in public offering of equity securities
- Assisted in the representation major energy company in the spin-off of its multi-billion dollar distribution business
- Assisted in the representation of a private equity fund in its acquisition of a medical equipment and service provider
- J.D., cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, 2013
- B.S., Business Management, magna cum laude, Babson College, 2008
- HEC School of Management, Paris, France, 2007
- Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland, 2005
Admissions : Texas, 2013
Rate : $$$