Benjamin Joshua Adelson is a corporate partner in the Dallas office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. He has corporate and transactional experience with an emphasis on advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a wide variety of transactions, including acquisitions and investments, divestitures, joint ventures and other corporate matters.
Since joining Kirkland, Benjamin represented:
- Travelport Worldwide Limited in its approximately $4.4 billion pending acquisition by affiliates of Siris Capital Group, LLC and Evergreen Coast Capital Corp. in an all-cash transaction.
- A private equity firm in its $100 million term loan facility and preferred equity investment in the private equity arm of a family office focusing on upstream and midstream energy markets.
- Newfield Exploration Co. in its approximately $5.5 billion acquisition by Encana Corp. in an all-stock transaction.
Prior to joining Kirkland, Benjamin represented:
- American Securities in its acquisitions of Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P.
- Aurora Resurgence Management Partners and Equity Group Investments in the sale of SIRVA, Inc.
- Blackstone and Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in their $1.9 billion sale of Ipreo Holdings LLC to HIS Markit Ltd.
- Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company, LLC (a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisition of RangeMe USA LLC.
- General Electric Company in its sales of its stakes in Hyundai Capital Services, a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Company and GE Capital, and Hyundai Card Co., a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Company and GE.
- Goldman Sachs Infrastructure Partners, as minority investor in Mount Royal Holdings LLC in Mount Royal’s recapitalization of ExteNet Systems, Inc.
- Lee Equity Partners in its sale of PDR Network, LLC.
- Lone Star in its acquisition of Bentley Mills, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisitions of Aurora Plastics Group, Inc. and APCO Holdings Inc.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board, as part of a global investor group, in the acquisition of ownerships stakes in AlixPartners and in its acquisition with Lightyear Capital of AIG Advisor Group Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisitions of DecoPac, Inc., Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc., Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company, LLC and Electric Guard Dog, LLC, and in its sale of ZeroChaos, Inc.
- SoftBank Group Corp. in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC.
Admissions & Qualifications:
- Not admitted to practice in Texas
- 2016, New York
- Queen’s University, J.D., 2012
- Queen’s University, B.A., 2009
Rate : $$$